Over the last 18 months Bristol Plays Music have been exploring options for a more accessible and centrally located lead Music Centre.
We’ve held consultations with parents and listened carefully to the views put forward. After much consideration, we are pleased to announce that from September 2017 the Music Centre North based at Henbury will have a new name, the Bristol Centre for Musicians, and a new home on Saturday mornings, at the Bristol Cathedral Choir School.
Whilst we realise the move will not suit everyone, we are confident that this is the right decision for the majority of our music centre members, and one that will enable those that don’t yet access BPM music centres to attend on a Saturday.
There are several reasons for this move but in summary they are;
· To be more inclusive to all young musicians across the city
· To improve accessibility to the music centre for young musicians and their families
· To hold rehearsals with better facilities, at a more accessible location
· To enable our students to access a wider range of ensembles
· To offer enhanced opportunities provided by BPM’s Masterclass Series and Bristol Music Trust
Take a look at the FAQ’s doc which further explains the rationale for this change.
If you have anything you would like to comment on, please put this into writing to Lucy Rogers at lucy.rogers[ATSIGN]bristolplaysmusic.org and we will also be holding an open forum to answer any questions at Colston Hall on the Terrace Bar, Level 3 on 19th July at 4pm until 5pm.