Love singing? Want to sing with others? NOW is your chance to audition to join the city’s leading youth choir!
Bristol Youth Choir is made up of three choirs with over 120 young people from all over Bristol performing choral music of all styles, rehearsing weekly on Friday evenings during term time. Giving up to five concerts a year, Bristol Youth Choir have also performed at the Royal Albert Hall as part of the Ten Pieces Proms, appeared on BBC Breakfast, The One Show, Songs of Praise, broadcast on BBC Radio 3 and BBC Radio Bristol as part of BBC Music Day. BYC holds the prestigious position of being one of the Colston Hall Young Companies in Residence, a talent development programme for young classical and creative musicians.
Bristol Youth Choir is auditioning for new members in their 3 choirs:
· Juniors (school years 3-5
· Intermediates (school years 6-7
· Seniors (school years 8-13)
What to expect at the audition:
· A 5-10 minute, informal audition with one of the choir tutors
· It will include some simple singing exercises.
· You are invited to bring along a song if you would like (although this is not essential)
Closing date for applications is 31 May 2020
In light of the recent coronavirus outbreak audition dates and procedure will be confirmed at a later date.